Sunday, April 26, 2009


This image from lecture seven best reflects what I am aiming to achieve in my own design. The way in which the shadows become an aspect of the structure adds interest to the design and help to create a sense of depth, which I hope to achieve, as I find interesting shadows help make the building itself more appealing. The shadow in this image also seems to reflect on the structure’s surrounding environment, contributing not only to the way in which the building relates to its environment, but also the overall impact of the structure. To do this, while still making my model in Unreal Tournament a functional space for the clients, I hope to make the physical structure that is actually there visually appealing as well as the shadows that are cast upon the cliff face and itself. I hope to achieve this as I believe an important aspect of a buildings’ design is not only should it be interesting and viable by itself, but the way in which it interacts and impacts upon an environment should be taken into account during its design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment